Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Bridge Too Far...Plane Crash Today in Austin

Texas Small Plane Crash Might Be Intentional Act, Officials Say

A pilot furious with the Internal Revenue Service crashed his small plane into an office building in Austin, Texas, that houses federal tax employees, setting off a raging fire.

Officials are investigating whether the pilot, identified by authorities as Joseph Andrew Stack, a 53-year-old software engineer who lived in Texas, crashed the plane intentionally. Stack was confirmed dead.

An Internal Revenue Service office is located inside the building.


Just how furious? Karl Denninger at The Market Ticker took a very short time to come up with the following, copied off of Joe Stack's web site, EmbeddedArt.com (now taken offline by the Host at the request of the FBI):

I know I’m hardly the first one to decide I have had all I can stand. It has always been a myth that people have stopped dying for their freedom in this country, and it isn’t limited to the blacks, and poor immigrants. I know there have been countless before me and there are sure to be as many after. But I also know that by not adding my body to the count, I insure nothing will change. I choose to not keep looking over my shoulder at “big brother” while he strips my carcass, I choose not to ignore what is going on all around me, I choose not to pretend that business as usual won’t continue; I have just had enough.

I can only hope that the numbers quickly get too big to be white washed and ignored that the American zombies wake up and revolt; it will take nothing less. I would only hope that by striking a nerve that stimulates the inevitable double standard, knee-jerk government reaction that results in more stupid draconian restrictions people wake up and begin to see the pompous political thugs and their mindless minions for what they are. Sadly, though I spent my entire life trying to believe it wasn’t so, but violence not only is the answer, it is the only answer. The cruel joke is that the really big chunks of shit at the top have known this all along and have been laughing, at and using this awareness against, fools like me all along.

I saw it written once that the definition of insanity is repeating the same process over and over and expecting the outcome to suddenly be different. I am finally ready to stop this insanity. Well, Mr. Big Brother IRS man, let’s try something different; take my pound of flesh and sleep well.


Karl has some very salient remarks on his blog post. I hope you'll take a moment to read over there as well. You can read Karl's post here: This Is How It Begins (Wanton Violence)

For now, this is an isolated event. I do not believe, however, that it is a feeling that is unique to Mr. Stack. Many of us are watching 30 or more percent of our hard won earnings being handed off to Wall Street Crooks, Politicians, foreign nations, and those lazy bastards down the street that do nothing but smoke pot and play Playstation on their big screen TV whilest collecting their welfare checks.

The anger is rising, but our leaders care nothing for us. After all, they don't need those of us that work hard and produce to keep them in office, they just need more of our money with which to pay off their constituencies.

How far will it go before something really breaks loose?? Will this be an isolated event or will more people decide enough is enough?

Update: The Statesman has what appears to be the more complete text of the letter at this link.

No comments:

Current Quote

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." – Thomas Jefferson