Monday, December 21, 2009

I've got a better idea...

Priest in Britain Advises Congregation to Shoplift

"My advice as a Christian priest is to shoplift," Jones reportedly told churchgoers during his Sunday sermon. "I do not offer such advice because I think that stealing is a good thing, or because I think it is harmless, for it is neither."

"I would ask that they do not steal from small family businesses, but from large national businesses — knowing that the costs are ultimately passed on to the rest of us in the form of higher prices," he continued.


Great idea, but I have a better one. His parishioners should start by keeping the money they're giving to the church, or even better, just taking what they need out of the offering plate as it goes by. They could also avail themselves of the bread/crackers and wine kept on premises for communion to feed themselves.

Yeesh.

These folks just love to villify corporations that have evolved to employ millions (thereby feeding the families of those millions), not to mention the millions more in charity those organizations give out each year.

No comments:

Current Quote

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." – Thomas Jefferson