Wednesday, November 11, 2020

 Gallup Poll: Fewer Than Half Likely to Comply With COVID-19 Lockdown

Just a quick reminder, the only way the system works is if you willingly comply.  Government is by consent - when enough people do not consent, a law (or "emergency order", also known as a Government Fiat) has no basis and can not be enforced effectively.

With regards to a national mask order, or a national lockdown, I fail to see the Constitutionality.  I fail to see the authority by which a tyrant 3000 miles away can rule my life better than local government, which at least I have the chance to affect more directly with my vote.

Local governments have a far better chance of evaluating their numbers, understanding the will of their people, and implementing restrictions that are "reasonable" to handle their locality.  Should one be implemented, I will consider it my duty and right, protected by the First Amendment, to use my lack of compliance as political speech.  

For now, I will wear a mask indoors out of civic duty, as I find that to be reasonable and believe in protecting myself in an enclosed environment.  I will continue to refuse to wear one outdoors, where the ventilation and crowding is scarce.  Lockdowns do nothing but bankrupt people and businesses.

"Which is better - to be ruled by one tyrant three thousand miles away or by three thousand tyrants one mile away?" - Mather Byles

No comments:

Current Quote

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." – Thomas Jefferson