Thursday, November 12, 2020

III

 "Heeeeeey!  You have a III in your header!  You're racist!!!!"

So, yes, I have a III in my header.  Yes, it means 3%, and  yes, I consider myself a "threeper".  You may notice this blog was created many, many years ago.  During that time, I was an avid reader of the Sipsey Street Irregulars, run by the late Mike Vanderboegh.  He was the man who coined the 3%, based on the 3% of colonists who fought against the British during the revolution.  You can, in fact, click on his blog over there in the left nav, scroll on back into history and see exactly what his intent was when he started talking about the 3%. The original colonists fighting in the 1770's weren't worried about slavery (mostly, they were indeed products of their time), and the founding of this country wasn't about being able to own slaves.  Nowhere do you see mentions of "we're rebelling because King George is telling us to free our slaves".  In fact, in my opinion the founding documents were designed to allow for the eventual downfall of slavery, though there were headwinds from slave owning states during the founding.

So recently, the III symbol has been coopted by some asshole racists.  So has the "OK" symbol (though I see a lot of chatter that it was really a Reddit hoax that got out of control).  I can't help that, and honestly, if we abandon every symbol that some backwards, jerkoff white supremacists coopt, we're going to run out of symbols shortly.  So it stays up there. It stays up there as a sign that I'm woke to the ideas of true liberty, personal sovereignty, personal accountability, and self reliance.  That I abhor any idea or law, whether from the left, right, or center, that tells me what I must do without also demonstrating that it is Constitutional and doesn't trample on personal freedoms.  And that I will, God willing, resist any attempts to take those liberties by force.

If you don't like that, you don't have to read any further, I wish you good day.

No comments:

Current Quote

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." – Thomas Jefferson