Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Congratulations America! Another Nail in the Coffin!

When I first put the National Debt Ticker on my side nav, we owed $4k less than we do now. I put that ticker up sometime in November. Your Government has spent $4k PER PERSON (not per taxpayer, but per man, woman, child, baby) in the country in just four months.

A day or two ago, we crested a new major number in our National Debt. The number 11 now shows for the first time ever.

Bear in mind, as I mentioned in an earlier blog, the $11tr listed there is not actually being recorded as it would in a real business. The true current cost of all of our entitlement programs, backstops, and concerns is actually somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 trillion (with a T). As I mentioned in that post, that is more than the GDP of the ENTIRE PLANET.

Our Lords and Ladies must be very proud.

No comments:

Current Quote

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." – Thomas Jefferson